Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mordbuddy: Teaser

So sometime in the near future I plan on getting an android tablet, mostly to have one. More then just to have one I want an easy and small computer device when I head over to Games Workshop, and most of all to track my mordheim warbands! The paper has worked alright for me so far, but after a few games and eraser marks stuff gets hard to read. Am I happy enough with just an xml file though? Not really so that leads me to coding my own application "solution" in today's lingo to track all of my warbands and will be touch screen orientated.
Sadly though I can't freely distribute it as it would infringe upon Games Workshop lawyer stuff and I don't want them breathing down my throat. However I can tease you guys and gals with pictures and information about it (like I'm doing now).

Anyway onto the fun stuff, pictures! I tried making the best legal disclaimer I could on the front to make it stand out to everyone that this is just for private use and I'm not distributing their copy-written materiel. (It's gotten other people in trouble before)

It is still in a non-working state (only build 0.04 right now) as I'm still building a solid foundation (mostly visuals to be honest). I've only been working on it during my free time when I'm not hobbying or doing anything else at all.
I've got to say that I love how the experience bar for heroes has come out so far and it is my favorite part of that panel. Before I just showed how much total experience you had in a number along with how many times you've leveled since the last time you hit "new battle". However now there is a sweet visual that shows experience up to this battle (red, yellow for levels) and experience gained this battle (green, light green when you leveled up) and where upcoming levels are (gray). And it is in the same format as the play sheet! Though I've still got to figure out how to fix that silly dark gray bar to the side of it. (along with some other gui glitches)

For being in an early alpha state though, I think I've gotten some pretty cool stuff done so far. I'm happy with it at least and that is all that really matters on a program for private use anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment